The Križna jama cave is a water-filled Karst cave. It is distinguished by underground lakes with calc-sinter partitions and the archaeological site of cave bear bones. The cave conveys water from the southern edge of Bloška planota towards the eastern edge of the Cerkniško polje. Bats hibernate in the cave during the winter. During the year many cave-dwelling animals can be observed (centipedes, amphipods, etc.), and pillar-like forms and shapes in the cave walls.
- One-hour tour of the dry portion of the cave with a short ride along the cave lake. Also suitable for larger groups.
- Four-hour tour of the water portion of the cave. Visits are only possible for groups of a maximum of 4 people and by prior reservation.
From April 1st to June 30th
- Saturday, Sunday, holidays: from 15.00
From July 1st to August 31st:
- Every day: at 11.00, 13.00, 15.00 and 17.00
From 1st to 31st of September
- Every day: at 11.00, 13.00 and 15.00
From October 01st to March 30th
- By appointment and prior reservation
In case of larger groups previous booking is welcome.